Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Sea Salt Caramel Cocoa Crispy Treats

I can't tell you how excited I was this morning when I found a tiny little patch of flowers blooming in my backyard.

Yeah!  The flowers are finally blooming!

I may have said that out loud.  

I whipped out my phone to take a picture and just as I snapped it Gus stepped into the shot and dropped a tennis ball.

"What's a dog gotta do to get a little attention around here?  Seeing that you're in such a good mood, maybe if I drop this filthy, dirty ball on your flowers you'll play catch with me."

Flowers for me, a dirty tennis ball for Gus.  That's all it took to make us happy on a drizzly morning.

Okay, let's get to today's recipe.  It's a slight twist on the Sea Salt Caramel Rice Krispy Treats
that I posted last summer.

Click on the link above to be taken to the recipe.  Yes, it is still the same recipe that you see in this picture.  The difference is that I didn't scorch the caramel on the treats in this picture.


To make the cocoa treats, you simply follow the same recipe with two substitutions: chocolate extract instead of vanilla extract, and cocoa rice crispy cereal instead of Rice Krispy cereal.

And this is what you'll have.  Oh. MY.


Enjoy :)



2 comments:

  1. Of course I'm drooling because no sugar treats or desserts have been allowed in this house (until today, baking hubby's birthday cake :). As if they're not sinful enough, now you're doing them in chocolate. Nooooo! I'm definitely going to try them, maybe for Easter, good excuse. ;)

    Gus really added some charm to your photo with his gritty tennis ball and adorable nose! What are those flowers? Some type of lily? Gorgeous! My yard has been filled with Daffodils, but they are just about done. Bring on the Azaleas, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fran, you really know how to get to me. Sea salt and caramel, YUM! I still prefer the original just because I am not a big fan of chocolate. Chocolate lovers will love these! Gus is too cute. Wants to be in the photo and play too! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think!