Friday, February 12, 2016

Fruit Salad with Honey/Lime

As I am typing this, it is 18 degrees out and the local forecast says that it will be a whopping 10 degrees when I get up to walk my dogs tomorrow morning.

A week ago, I was still able to embrace the beauty of the snow as I walked out my front door.

Today, I'm over it.

I've got a bad case of spring fever.  This fruit salad, drizzled with a little bit of honey and lime, is like a bowlful of warmer temperatures and sunny skies.  Well, not really... but during the cold month of February, fruit salad is a nice touch of summer!




Today's Playlist
  • "Short Skirt/Long Jacket"...Cake
  • "When I Come Around"...Green Day
  • "Naive"...The Kooks
  • "I'm Not Okay"...My Chemical Romance

Fruit Salad with Honey/Lime 
  • 2 cups blueberries
  • 4 cups red (or green) grapes
  • 2 large nectarines or 3 small(or peaches)
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • juice from 1 lime


Gather your ingredients.  Wash and drain the fruit.

Juice your lime into the honey.

Stir to combine.

Place your grapes into a serving bowl.

Add the blueberries.

Drizzle about 2/3 of the honey/lime mixture over the grapes and berries, and stir to combine.

Cut the nectarines into bite-sized pieces.

Add them to the bowl with the grapes and blueberries.  Drizzle the remaining honey/lime juice over the nectarines.  Gingerly stir to combine.

Feel free to omit or substitute different fruits to suit your preference!  


Enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. Fran that is almost to pretty to eat. I am craving some really good fruit right now. Where in the world did you find those wonderfully ripe and juicy nectarines this time of year? Our grocery selection is terrible.

    Happy yummy Valentines!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing better than summer fruit in February, eh? I agree with you, the grocery selection is terrible...but luckily, we have a local fruit stand nearby ("Lambert's") that has the BEST produce you can imagine! Happy Valentine's Day, Pam! Stay warm :)

      Delete

I love to hear what you think!