Friday, March 23, 2012

Random Thoughts


Well, I did not realize that there was a limit to the amount of photo space on my blog account.....until I tried to write tonight's post (earlier this week) and blogger wouldn't allow me to download any photos because my space was all used up.

First, I blamed it on my new camera.  All this time spent wishfully thinking about how nice it would be to have a camera that would take pictures that didn't look like they were taken under cover of darkness.  I thought it was more than a coincidence that my storage space filled up two days after I started downloading the new photos. Nah.  Turns out it was just a case of bad timing.

After a bit of research I discovered that there is a 1GB limit to photo storage on blogger, and I've apparently reached that limit.  

What to do?  Do I have to stop blogging?  Do I blog without pictures?  Terrible as my pictures are, I think a blog without pictures would be worse.  You would be stuck with my lame attempts to engage you without the lame photos to drive my lame points home.

I was relieved to discover that I could purchase 20GB of additional storage for a nominal annual fee.
Gratuitous photos of my sidekick, Gus, will continue to appear here regularly.
Lots of time spent outdoors lately.

Temps this week were in the EIGHTIES.  Which is like, practically unheard of in New England during the month of March.  We have been sleeping with our windows open overnight.  ALL NIGHT LONG.  I don't think we have ever, ever done that in March.

I've been doing lots of cooking, but almost everything I've cooked lately can be found in the archives of this blog.
Pasta With Creamy Pesto Sauce.  Click here to be taken to recipe.  Well, the recipe that I posted has chicken in it, but this week I made it without meat.
 And earlier this week, I made Apricot Chicken Sandwiches, because I felt like the beautiful weather called for something fun.  Click here to be taken to the recipe.
Here's a shot of the yummy inside of the sandwich.  I was going to change the ugly pictures in the earlier posts, but then I thought I'd leave them as they were, because we can all use a laugh now and then.

I'm still trying to figure out the new camera, but I'm liking the pictures I'm taking now a heck of a lot more than I did with the old camera.




Today's Playlist
  • "Are You Gonna Be My Girl?".........Jet
  • "Family"........Zach Gill
  • "Back Against The Wall"........Cage The Elephant
  • "Song 2"......Blur
  • "Welcome To The Black Parade"........My Chemical Romance
  • "Say Hey (I Love You)".........Michael Franti & Spearhead
  • "Island In The Sun".........Weezer
  • "You're Gonna Go Far, Kid"........The Offspring
  • "Re-Education (Through Labor).........Rise Against
  • "Ignorance"........Paramore

1 comment:

  1. You're the second blogger I know of that has reached their max photo capacity. Kinda makes me mad that what I thought was a free service (blogspot) will eventually cost me money, just like Flickr does. Is nothing free anymore?!
    Thanks for letting me vent! And for sharing that Apricot Chicken Sandwich. We eat alot of chicken around here, and I'm always looking for new recipes!
    Happy Weekend,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think!