Saturday, March 10, 2018

Cooking Show: St. Patrick's Day Recipes


We filmed an episode of the cooking show last week.  

St. Patrick's Day is fast approaching, and given that Dan the Awesome Cameraman hails from the Emerald Isle, it seemed appropriate to feature recipes for a St. Patrick's Day celebration!

We started with a batch of Homemade Irish Cream Liqueur.  If you like Baileys® Irish Cream, you will love this recipe!

My friend, Maureen, was my co-chef for this show.  When we were setting up before the show, I poured her a shot from a batch I had already made.

I wish the cameras were running to capture the look on her face when she took that first sip!  All of a sudden her eyes popped open, like OH MY.  

No special skills are needed for this recipe!  Just pour all of the ingredients into a blender and five minutes later you will be having an OH MY moment of your own. 


My favorite moment came after we were done filming.  Dan the Awesome Cameraman took a bite of this bread, closed his eyes and said, "Ahhh, lovely!" in his lilting Irish brogue.

Click here for the printable recipe.

 And finally, Chocolate Guinness Cake with Whipped Cream Frosting .

Let's take a closer look, shall we?

These photos simply do not do this cake justice.  It is so chocolatey, so deep, dark and delicious.  And the frosting is the perfect combo of whipped and creamy.

If you make this cake, I promise that you will not be disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think!