Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Pomegranate Mojitos

I've been taking a lot of liberties with mojitos recently.

If there are mojito purists out there, I'm sure that my attempts at creating fun & fruity mojitos are a form of blasphemy in their eyes.

A friend of mine asked me to create a signature cocktail for her tailgate.  The school color is maroon, which made me think of pomegranate juice.  Before I could stop myself I was traveling down the fruity mojito road.
And there you go.  By the time we were finished, we had ourselves a menu for the next cooking show! (More tailgate pics & cooking show info in the next post.  Stay tuned!)


Today's Playlist
  • "Beverly Hills"...Weezer
  • "Lump"...The Presidents Of The United States Of America
  • "Steady, As She Goes"...The Raconteurs
  • "Are You Gonna Be My Girl"...Jet

Pomegranate Mojitos  (large pitcher recipe, about 10 servings)
  • 48 oz pomegranate juice
  • 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
  • 1 1/2 cups simple syrup
  • 1 1/2 cups white rum
  • 1/2 cup mint leaves
sliced lime, for garnish

Note: if you're not in the mood to prepare an entire pitcher--muddle a few mint leaves in the bottom of a glass with a teaspoon of lime juice.  Fill glass with ice.  Add 3 oz. pomegranate juice, 1 oz. simple syrup and 1 oz. white rum.  Stir.  Garnish with a slice of lime



Gather your ingredients.

Juice your limes.

Pour the pomegranate juice into your pitcher.


Add the lime juice.

And the simple syrup.

Gather the mint leaves in your hands. Rub your hands together to release the oil in the leaves.

Add them into the pitcher.  

(All of the steps up to this point can be done up to one day ahead of time.)

Just before serving, stir in the white rum.  Add a few lime slices.

Pour into ice-filled glasses.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think!