Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Mocktails for the Family

Because I wanted to make a drink to make dinner seem special, because the heat called for a refreshing drink, because I needed to use the blueberries I bought at the farmers market, because I thought it would be fun for the whole family to drink out of my favorite margarita glasses........I served these pomegranate/blueberry concoctions at dinner last week.

To turn your mocktail into a cocktail, just add 1 oz. of vodka to your glass.



Playlist
  • "Back Against The Wall".....Cage The Elephant
  • "Desolation Row".......My Chemical Romance



Pomegranate/Blueberry Mocktails
  • 2 cups pomegranate soda
  • 2 cups pomegranate/blueberry juice
  • 1 cup white grape juice
  • 1/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
  • lemon slices, for garnish
 
Gather your ingredients.
I'm not a big soda fan, but I love Izze soda.  It's all natural, carbonated fruit juice.  No added sugar.  Not icky-sweet.
If you can't find pomegranate soda, substituting plain soda water or seltzer would be fine.
Fill a pitcher with the liquid ingredients.  The pomegranate/blueberry juice........ 
 ......the white grape juice....... 
........and the soda.
I add the soda last.  If you pour it into the pitcher before the juices, it fizzes every time you add juice, and can lose its fizziness.
Keep the pitcher in the refrigerator until you're ready to serve it.



When you're ready to serve, garnish the glasses with a lemon slice and blueberries.  Frozen blueberries will keep your drink cold, and not dilute it like ice will, so even if you're using fresh blueberries it's a good idea to freeze them ahead of time.

 Pour the juice/soda into the garnished glasses.

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think!