Thursday, September 27, 2012

This 'n That

Where do I start?

Okay, first things first.  I do not have a new recipe to post.  I've been making lots of oldies but goodies, like pasta, broccoli and chicken which was the recipe that started this whole blog.

Nothing I've made recently has been good enough to blog about.
This was the pot roast that I made in my crock pot earlier this week.  Ick.  First and last time making pot roast in the slow cooker.

I've been spending way too much time trying to figure out my blog header.  Or should I say lack thereof.  Several months ago I changed the layout and the graphics, and you have no idea how frustrated I've been trying to put the header back together.  I can't figure out how to layer a photo onto the header!  Caitie is coming home for her fall break in a couple of weeks, I think I will cajole her into helping me figure it out.

I painted my dining room today.  Or maybe I should say that I continued my kitchen/dining room painting project.  
This is how I left it last week, when I didn't have time to finish.  The new green is pretty close in color to the old green, and unless you were looking at this particular spot under one of the windows it was hard to tell that my walls were painted different shades of light sage.

As I was finishing up my painting I was thinking of what my next painting project would be.  I don't like anything about my kitchen and since there is not a remodeling possibility in my near future I was thinking that I'll paint the trim as well (hard to tell in the above photo but the wood is an icky knotty pine).  And I'm going to paint the icky oak cabinets.  
And then I wondered, is it possible to paint the icky tile back splash?  And what about the icky counters?

I think I've overused the word icky.

I'll switch gears, from icky to magnificent.


I'm so happy that my garden is still producing an abundance of magnificent flowers so that I can surround myself with their magnificence in my icky kitchen.

I'm not kidding about the abundance part.  The more I clip, the more they grow and bloom and multiply.


Some of the zinnias are even having twins!  I've never seen double blooms like this before.  Magnificent.

Next post, I think I'll write about Gus.  My magnificent little southern boy.






5 comments:

  1. Oh, your pot roast looks yummy! Do you have a recipe for it? I just bought a roast and have never made it before. Happy weekend to you! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heather, my pot roast did not taste great, so I didn't share the recipe! I had never made one before, either! And I probably never will again, I'll just stick to oven roasts. Have a wonderful weekend!

      Delete
  2. I like the colour you are painting the dinning room :)

    When I bought this house the cupboards were an awful orange woody colour..I sanded them down and painted them with Dulux cupboard paint in Barley Twist (it works really good..as you can also just easily whip clean the cupboard doors as well..very hard wearing). I just give it a touch up every year or so now. I didn't try out tile paint though (though our tiles at that time could have used it).

    Do share the makeover in the kitchen when you are done..would love to see it :)

    Love the vase of Zinnia's and Cosmo's. My cosmo's did really well this year, but my Zinnia's were eaten by the slugs..better luck next year.

    I look forward to the post about Gus :)

    Have a lovely weekend x
    Magie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Gus & would love to read about him! I'm thinking of doing a Doyle post too! Do share your kitchen photos when you're done. I've had the same header for a year now and and afraid to try and change it. Let me know if your figure it out, LOL!

    really enjoyed your this & that post Fran! :-) Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gus sure is a great looking dog! I would love to hear about him! I love pet stories. Your icky week has to change, and the pretty twin zinnias are so pretty! I have these one flowers that do that in my yard, too. The name escapes me at the moment, but it is kinda weird! I had read Stacy's story about painting her tile back splash and was thinking I would tell you about it, and then there you found it yourself! Good sign to paint! What colors are you thinking of, I love the light sage green, and want to paint my living room the same color. Have you tried Picmonkey.com It is pretty cool.
    Blessings,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think!