Considering that it's summer, and we're all looking for shortcuts at dinner time, and it's been a really long time (about six months!) since I've posted a recipe that requires a rotisserie chicken, ---here you go!
- "50 Ways To Say Goodbye"...Train
- "Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life"...Green Day
- "Blister In The Sun"...Violent Femmes
- "Re-Education"...Rise Against
- "The Zephyr Song"...Red Hot Chili Peppers
Sonoma Chicken Salad (A Whole Foods copycat recipe, makes 4 to 6 servings)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 rotisserie chicken, meat removed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (toast in a 350-degree oven for 3 minutes)
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 cup red seedless grapes, halved
Gather your ingredients. In the back row of this picture are the dressing ingredients, and in the foreground are the salad ingredients, already prepped. Halve the grapes, dice the celery, remove and dice the meat from the chicken, and chop the pecans.
I like to toast my pecans, it gives them a nice flavor. Three minutes at 350 degrees is all that it takes.
Prepare the dressing: in a small bowl, combine the mayo, cider vinegar, honey...
...poppy seeds, salt and pepper.
Stir to combine. You can make this ahead of time, if you like, and refrigerate it until you are ready to make the chicken salad.
To make the salad: put the celery, grapes and pecans into a medium-sized bowl.
Add the chicken.
Add the dressing.
Stir to combine.
It's yummy just as it is!
Or wrap it up with a few spinach leaves.