Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Star-Spangled Cocktail

I decided to experiment with Blue Curacao today.

Saturday is the 4th of July, and I thought I'd come up with a blue cocktail.


Success!  (I spy Clyde behind the chair!)



Star-Spangled Cocktail
  • 1/4 cup pineapple juice
  • 1 oz Bacardi Limon Rum
  • 1 oz Blue Curacao
  • 1 oz cream of coconut (not coconut milk or coconut water)
  • grated coconut for garnishing
3-4 ice cubes


Gather your ingredients.  

Notice the spoon in the cream of coconut?  As usual, the cream was floating on top so I stirred it up before I measured it.

Run a lime wedge around the rim of the glass and dip it into the grated coconut.

I put the glass into the freezer to chill for a minute while I mixed up the cocktail.

Measure the pineapple juice, rum, Blue Curacao and cream of coconut into a cocktail shaker.  Add the ice cubes and shake vigorously for 30 seconds.

Strain the cocktail into your coconut-rimmed glass.


Happy 4th!




1 comment:

  1. It's morning and it's raining, but this cocktail looks good enough to drink right now! Happy 4th Fran!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think!