Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Sparkling Rose and Limoncello Sangria


I realize that summer is coming to an end, but I just had to come up with one last fruity drink recipe.

It has wine and fruit, it must be sangria.  You know how I love sangria.

I added some Limoncello and it became my favorite sangria ever.


Today's Playlist
  • "Girl You Have No Faith In Medicine"...The White Stripes
  • "Last Night"...The Strokes
  • "Level"...The Raconteurs


Sparkling Rose and Limoncello Sangria
Printable Recipe
  • 1 bottle sparkling rose wine, chilled
  • 3/4 cup Limoncello
  • 12 oz. lemon lime soda (i.e. Sprite)
  • 1 lemon, sliced
  • 8 to 10 large strawberries, sliced 
extra lemon slices and strawberry slices for garnish



Gather your ingredients.

There is no (Sprite) soda in this picture.  It wasn't until I had made the sangria and tasted it that I realized adding Sprite would be a good idea.

In fact, it was a must.  The sangria went down much too quickly and easily and needed something non-alcoholic added to it; so, I topped our drinks off with a few splashes of Sprite.  From now on I will add it at the beginning.

Okay, let's continue.

Wash and slice the lemons and strawberries.  Remove the seeds from the lemon slices.


Place the fruit into a pitcher.  I also used a few slices of fruit to garnish the glasses.

Pour the wine into the pitcher.

Add the Limoncello.

This would also be the time to pour in the Sprite.

Add ice and serve.


Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. Looks so refreshing and good Fran. A great way to send off summer. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think!