Thursday, November 7, 2013

Puppy-Sitting, and Pumpkin Dip

A lot has happened since my last blogpost.

The Red Sox won the world series!!!

 Here's a picture I took of Clyde and Gus, during the final inning.  They knew I was getting excited.

Clyde was getting excited, too.  He's such a party animal.  Gus was just very concerned.

Here's a picture I took after the final out was made.

Mr. Terrific raised his arm in triumph, quite a display of emotion for him.  Clyde is off partying somewhere.

Gus is still very, very concerned.  It was way past his bedtime and he just wanted to call it a night.

Meet Georgia.  She's an 11-week-old Silky Terrier.  

She belongs to my friend, Maureen.  Maureen needed a puppy-sitter for a short period of time last week, and I volunteered.

Clyde volunteered, too.  Gus happened to be at the groomers that day, so it was up to me and Clyde to entertain Georgia.

I wasn't sure how to go about letting Clyde and Georgia play, so I decided to separate them at first.  I leaned a gate against a doorway, with an opening at one end that was only big enough for Georgia to fit through.  I figured it would be her call whether she wanted to play with the big old behemoth staring at her from the other side of the gate.

Ladies and Gentleman!  On the far side of the gate, at a robust weight of 68 pounds--CLYYYYDE!!!


 And on this side, tipping the scales at THREE WHOLE POUNDS, Georgia!!

And that is how they stayed for a few minutes, Clyde on his side of the gate, watching Georgia as she ran back and forth on her side of the gate, barking up a storm.

Due to laziness, or perhaps because of a desire to make himself smaller and thus less of an imposing figure, Clyde decided to drop his bones to the floor.

I vote that he was just being lazy.

At that point, Georgia quite boldly walked through the gate.


And proceeded to explore the fluffy giant, Clyde.

This is my favorite picture.  Not long after I took this picture, Georgia got a little too friendly and Clyde got spooked and ran away.  I was laughing so hard at my 'fraidy-dog I forgot to take pictures.


But he quickly came back and settled himself down so that their game could continue, with Georgia pouncing and exploring and Clyde barely moving a muscle.  Except for his furiously wagging tail, that is.

Georgia finished off the play date by attacking her squeaky hedgehog toy.


Enough, already!  Here she is, begging me to stop taking pictures.



Today's Playlist

  • "Under The Bridge"...Red Hot Chili Peppers
  • "Streetcorner Symphony"...Rob Thomas
  • "No One Knows"...Queens of the Stone Age
  • "Icky Thump"...The White Stripes
  • "Judas"...Cage The Elephant
  • "Joker & The Thief"...Wolfmother
  • "Sick Boys"...Social Distortion



Pumpkin Dip
Printable Recipe
  • 1-8 ounce package cream cheese
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 1 cup confectioners sugar
  • 1 heaping tablespoon dark brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
  • 1 heaping teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
  • chopped nuts, for garnish (optional)
assorted crackers or fruit, for dipping
(suggestions: cinnamon pita chips, graham crackers, ginger snaps, apple slices)

Gather your ingredients.

Hmm. I probably should have removed the Halloween decor before I took this picture.

Or I should have posted this recipe in a more timely manner.  This is what happens when I ignore my to-do list.

Mix the cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy.  Scrape down the sides of your mixer bowl.

Add the confectioners sugar.

And the brown sugar.  Mix well.

Add the pumpkin.

And the pumpkin pie spice.  Mix until combined.

I chopped up a few pecans to sprinkle on top of the dip.

Gather your dippers!  I used gingersnaps, graham
  crackers and some nifty mini pound cake crisps.

 Spoon  the dip into a serving bowl.  You can either serve it immediately, or chill it for a bit in the refrigerator.

 Sprinkle chopped nuts on top, if desired.


 Enjoy!

Linking up with Share Your Cup!





3 comments:

  1. Oh Fran, There is just too much goodness in this post! Yummy on that dip, but the dogs are too much! Your photos are great. Our neighbor has a little Bischon who terrifies Doyle! I know Doyle won't run into their yard when their dog is tied out. Clyde was very sweet to Georgia. Kudos to Clyde.

    As for Gus, he does look concerned. They know when bedtime is and he has that look like what the heck is going on here. Too cute... they all made me smile and laugh today.

    Congrats to your Red Sox, who rule! Of course, my CT family and friend are all happy Red Sox fans too. :) Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many cute dogs! Those pics made my day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love the two dogs together. Big and small there's love for all! lol! Cheezy I know, but I couldn't resist. Yeah for the Red Sox. Forget the raised hand, I spied your darling ottoman. The did sounds yummy and perfect for Fall. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think!