Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Roasted Herbed Pork Tenderloin With Vegetables

This recipe came about because I wasn't organized.  Another resolution--get organized--.........broken.

Pork tenderloins were on sale.  I thought I would make crock pot pork tenderloin .  All I had to do was throw everything in the crock pot and let it cook for the afternoon.

Maybe if it were one of those crock pot recipes that took eight or nine hours I would have felt pressured to get myself to the store early.  A crock pot recipe that only takes 4 1/2 hours gave me too much time to relax.  

Instead, I puttered around all morning, thinking to myself, "I have plenty of time, as long as I get it into the crock pot by 1 o'clock."  Can you see where I'm going with this?

That's right, the morning came and went, and then I found myself at the supermarket, buying pork tenderloin, knowing that I would not have time to cook it in the crock pot.......and this recipe is what I ended up with.




Today's Playlist

  • "Darktown Strutters' Ball".......Lou Monte
  • "Another Saturday Night"......Sam Cooke
  • "Everything"......Michael Buble
  • "Eh, Cumpari".......Julius LaRosa
  • "Stand By Me".......Otis Reading
  • "A Teenager In Love"......Dion
  • "Smile"......Nat King Cole
  • "Fly Me To The Moon"........Steve Tyrell
  • "I've Got You Under My Skin"........Frank Sinatra
  • "Papa Loves Mambo"...........Nat King Cole


Roasted Herbed Pork Tenderloin With Veggies (serves 6-8)
  • 1/3 cup olive oil
  • 3 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
  • 3 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
  • 3 garlic cloves, crushed
  • 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
  • 2 whole pork tenderloins (about 1 lb. each)
  • 3 lbs assorted veggies (onions, carrots, potatoes) cut into chunks

Gather your ingredients.

Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.

Prep your herbs and veggies.

Chop the rosemary and thyme.

I can't believe it's January and I'm still using fresh herbs from my herb garden!  Just thought I'd share.


Chunk up the veggies.  I'm using baby carrots, so they're all set.  I quartered the onion, and also cut the potatoes into quarters (I used small {not new} white potatoes).

Use whatever combo of potatoes or veggies that you like.  I only used one onion, and went about 50/50 with the potatoes and carrots.


Place the olive oil into a medium bowl.  Add the chopped herbs.

Crush the garlic directly into the bowl.

Add salt and freshly ground pepper.

Stir it up.

Place your tenderloins on a rack in a roasting pan.  Pour about 2 tablespoons of the oil/herb mixture over each tenderloin.  Rub the mixture around so that the entire tenderloin is coated in oil and herbs.

Sounds icky but someone's gotta do it.

Add the veggies into the bowl with the oil/herb mix.

Now you know why you needed a medium bowl to mix up only a half-cup or so of the oil/herbs.  The bowl needs to be large enough to fit your veggies.

Toss the veggies around until they are coated in the remaining oil and herbs.

Arrange the veggies around and between the tenderloins in the roasting pan.

Roast until a meat thermometer registers 160 degrees and the meat juices run clear.  Mine took an hour to reach 160 degrees.

Then place the rack under your broiler for a few minutes (3 to 5 minutes) so the meat and veggies can get nice and brown and crispy.


Like this.

Let it rest for about 5 minutes before carving.

While the meat rests, put your veggies onto a serving plate.

Then carve your pork and serve.

 Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think!