Saturday, May 7, 2011

Raspberry Brownies


I have found a lot of recipes that are printed on packages are really worth making.

And you've probably figured out that I love to bake from scratch and use fresh ingredients whenever possible.

This brownie recipe is from Baker's Chocolate--of that I am sure--but I don't even remember which product I found this printed on.   I have been making these brownies for over 20 years so let's just say it's been awhile.  This recipe is totally worth your time and effort.  Brownies couldn't possibly be any fudgier and brownier than this.

And my habit of trying to combine chocolate with raspberries led me to spread raspberry jam on top of the brownies...topped with ganache to hold it all together, of course.




Baker's Chocolate One-Bowl 
 Brownies
Printable Recipe
  • 4 oz. Baker's Unsweetened Baking Chocolate
  • 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 cup flour

    Raspberry Jam/Ganache Topping

  • 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
  • 6 oz. Baker's semi-sweet baking chocolate, chopped
  • 3/4 cup whipping cream

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Line 13 x 9-inch baking pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides of pan. 
Grease foil (or spray with non-stick cooking spray).

Microwave unsweetened chocolate and butter in large microwaveable bowl (do  not cover) on HIGH 2 minutes (stir after 1 minute) until butter is melted.  After 2 minutes, the butter should be completely melted.  Continue to stir the chocolate and the butter until the chocolate is completely melted.

Stir sugar into chocolate mixture until well blended.

Add eggs and vanilla; mix well.

Stir in flour until well blended.

Spread into prepared pan.

Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out with fudgy crumbs.  Do not over bake.  For the record, my brownies took 33 minutes to cook.  Cool in pan for about 30 minutes.

Using a toothpick, I poke holes about 1 inch apart all over the cake.  I am about to bombard these brownies with raspberry jam and the little poke-holes will make it easier for the jam to sink in.

 Chocolate and raspberry are a match made in heaven and I think you want to go big here.  I never measure, I just stir up the jam in the jar and spoon it on until I think there's enough to give it enough YUM.  I would say I use about 1/2 cup.

Use the back of a spoon to spread the jam completely over the brownies.

Microwave the semi-sweet chocolate and cream in a microwaveable bowl on HIGH 2 minutes (stirring after 1 minute) until the chocolate is melted.

Continue to stir until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is well-blended.

Drizzle the ganache over the jelly.  You will practically be able to cover the jam layer completely.

Just use the back of a spoon to gently cover the spots that are still exposed.

Refrigerate for 1 hour.

Remove the brownies from the refrigerator.  Grasping the foil on both ends, lift the brownies out of the pan and place on the counter to slice.

Cut the brownies, using a very large, sharp knife.

You will enjoy these, I promise.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think!