Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Summer Treats Cooking Show!

The theme of our recently filmed cooking show was "Summer Treats."

Dan, the awesome camera man, was practically giddy when I opened my front door.  "I hear we're having ice cream!" he exclaimed in his lovely, lilting Irish brogue.

And then our producer, Donna, arrived and it became obvious to me that the promise of ice cream puts everyone in a very happy place.

It was like we were on a sugar high before we even made it into the kitchen.

As Dan predicted, we started with Lemon Ice Cream.  Which we then combined with Lemon Cookies and made ice cream sandwiches.

While the ice cream was churning, we made Strawberry Agua Fresca.  


And we baked a Berry Cobbler, which paired up nicely with the lemon ice cream!


2 comments:

  1. As usual I am drooling over the food, but I have to say, your photos are simply outstanding! Summer treats indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fran, I think we are on the same page. I have a 'Back to School Bash' ice cream party planned for my grands. Your summer treats are a perfect salute to summer. Wouldn't you know it, I visited our local thrift shop the other day and found fun ice cream themed dishes. Guess they saw me coming. lol!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think!